- Maine Coast Sea Vegetables
- Certified Organic by OCIA®
- USDA Organic
- Great In Salads, Snacks, Soups, Stirfries
Certified Organic Laver
- Similar to Japanese nori with a distinctive nutty flavor.
- These un-sheeted, whole, wild plants are best lightly roasted before use.
- Delicious crumbled onto soup, salad, pasta, potatoes or popcorn.
- Of our seaweeds, Laver has the most Vitamins B6, C, Riboflavin and Thiamine.
- Tested for chemical, heavy metal, petroleum, radioactivity and microbiological contaminates.
- Meets all OCIA Organic Standards for sustainable harvesting and handling.
Our wild laver comes directly to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the fronds. Some plants may develop a white powder during storage. These are natural salts and sugars that precipitate from inside the cells. To minimize, seal Laver in this bag out of extreme light, heat or moisture.
Laver As A Snack
- Enzyme active and chewy if you eat as is!
- Light roasting in a 300° oven for 5-8 min until crisp will greatly enhance the taste as well as tenderize.
- Or dry roast in a medium hot skillet, turning occasionally until crisp.
- Kids often love these “chips” as is – or sprinkle a little pepper on them!
- Try crumbling these chips on unsalted popcorn or peanuts – or on morning-cereal, hot or cold.
Laver In Stir-Fries
- Compliments most veggies, grains and soy products, particularly tofu.
- Best roasted lightly before use (see laver as a snack).
- Use about 1 cup (1/2 oz.) of roasted laver per 4 serv.
- Crumble into any stirfry while cooking or use as a last minute garnish for some “crunch”.
- Mix in with any fried rice or noodle dish for a sea-salty, nutty accent.
Laver In Salads
- Tenderize without roasting or cooking, marinate laver in lemon juice or dressing for at least 18 hrs.
- Chop and toss marinated Laver with greens.
- For a stronger flavor, crumble roasted Laver over green, three bean or pasta salad just before serving.
Low temperature dried organic laver (porphyra umbilicalis).
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (7 g)|
|Servings Per Bag: 4|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
|Not a significant source of: calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars or vitamin D.|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|